O. T. Frasch home page
Image 281 - Hoo-Hoo House A.Y.P.E.
Note the cat statues on either side of the entrance walkway. The
full title of the building, visibile above the man's head, is "Hoo Hoo
House Lumbermen's Club."
We are told that this is actually the Concatenated Order of Hoo Hoo, a
fraternal organization founded in 1892 by lumbermen of the South
engaged in Reconstruction after the Civil War.
This image was also printed with the title
"Compliments of Hoo-Hoo
House A.Y.P.E.," as seen below. Our guess is that these cards
were printed on contract for the Lumbermen's Club.
There is another Image 281 titled "Cushman Falls Lake Cushman Wn."